Friday, February 8, 2008

-knots-

It's been a week since I drove over the Donner Pass to help my sister move and my shoulders haven't relaxed yet. Going over wasn't too bad. I was just nervous that they wouldn't let me through - they were requiring chains, but let the 4-wheel drive through. Coming home was so much more stress. I was trying to get back in time for a funeral Saturday morning so I left at about 7 am. 30 miles into the drive it started snowing and traffic completely stopped for over an hour. They let me through again, but it was very slow going. The tires on the burb aren't that great and I felt like I was sliding around the whole time. I stopped in Reno, after 5 1/2 hours on the road, for a little break before heading home. Since the kids were asleep (Kannon did a great job taking care of them and the house for a whole day!) I took a nap. When I woke up my body ached and hasn't stopped since. Kannon is really great about rubbing my feet and shoulders. He lost a bet with me last night and so I got a nice 10-minute massage. I bet him that Ben would through a fit when I told him time was up on the nintendo. He wanted a 20-minute bet and I broke him down to 10. In retrospect I should have gone with the 20. I was pretty sure I'd be right.
So, I started a new deal with myself today. I am starting a food log, which I know will help me. If I eat anything that I know is just too much I am going to pay change into a jar - out of my own spending money. For example: This morning I had oatmeal for breakfast, popcorn and a clementine for a snack and was still craving something sweet. So I ate 1 hershey kiss. I still wanted more. I ended up eating 2 spoonfuls of cake mix (dry). So for me the kiss was okay, the cake mix over the top - I will put in 2 quarters for that. I know that is enough of a deterrant for me, I like my spending money. Each time I think about getting something to eat I think about if it's worth the money. It's going pretty well so far. But then, I'm only halfway through the first day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm wishing you luck with the plan. It's hard for me too to limit myself and eat right. I've been trying really hard this week to cut down on my soda intake and drink more water. I went 2 whole days without drinking any soda (except a tiny sip) and drank several bottles of water. Then I've only had one or two sodas a day since then (which is actually a lot better than what I've been drinking in the past). We'll both have to keep it up!!

Wolfley Family said...

That's great - I am starting a food journal myself for other reasons... but it's nice to see someone else doing it, too :)