Thursday, January 5, 2012

My birthday



So here I am....36.
I struggled a little at 35 because for some reason I had it in my head that that was middle age. That we all die at 70 or something. Anyway, that leaves me thinking that I'm over the hill now, at 36. Oh, well. What can ya do about it?!
Here's a little about the day I was born. I found this information at http://www.kakophone.com/ where you can input a date and find some crazy info.

It was a Monday (I always liked the poem "Monday's child is fair of face.....")
Number one song on this day 1976:
US - Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers
UK - Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Diane Keaton shares my birthday.
Eggs cost 84 cents/doz.

Info about the year from http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/
In 1976:
The movie Rocky won the Oscar for Best Picture.
A gallon of gas cost 59 cents.
The United States celebrates 200th birthday of independence from British Rule.
The $2.00 bill Issued
Apple Computer Company is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
United States Presidential Election 1976 Jimmy Carter (Democratic) Defeats Gerald Ford (Republican)
Colin Farrel and Reese Witherspoon both born
Popular musicians: Queen, ABBA, Diana Ross, Barry Manilow, The Four Seasons
Popular Films: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, All the President's Men, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Rocky (that's the only one I've actually seen from their list)

So, yeah. Things have changed over the years. Funny thing, though, I still feel 21. Like that's where my brained stop maturing. That makes it hard to grasp the thought that I graduated from high school almost 18 years ago! Or that I've been married for 10 years. It really is true that time flies when you get older. The days, weeks and years just speed by and we're left with the memories. Although, the older I get the less I can remember. No wonder I get on my 8-year-old to write in his journal. It's just too easy to forget the little experiences. I started a new thing this year - one I found on my favorite go-to place, Pinterest. I have a 3x5 box with notecards in it. At the top of the notecard I write the day (January 5). On the first line I wrote 2012 - (and will add something done today). Every year I will write down the year and something done on that day, or a memory, or whatever! I think it will be a fun way to keep track of some of those little things that get lost in life. Find the original here: (would somebody PLEASE teach me how to make the link invisible so you would only see the "here" to link to!)



No comments: