Friday, June 19, 2009

Another recipe, 38-weeks, anniversary and a video to make you smile!

Because Kannon gave this recipe a 12 out of 10 and my Mom loved it, too, I thought I'd post it for anyone. It's a quick crockpot recipe. Serves about 4. We had 6 of us eating and only got firsts. =(
Chicken Stew
2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
2 cups water
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1-2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp. pepper
5 medium carrots, cut into 1-in. chunks
1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-4 lbs) cut up
3 Tbsp. flour
1/3 cup cold water
In a slow cooker, combine gravy mix, water, broth, garlic, parsley, bouillon and pepper until blended. Add the carrots, onion and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Increase heat to high. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Serve with biscuits.
I used about 1 1/2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up in chunks, instead of the fryer.
So, here is the newest pregnancy picture. Me at 38 1/2 weeks. Nothing is going on to convince me (or the doctor) that this baby is on its way. I have a feeling we'll be overdue again.
Monday was our 8th anniversary! We're going to try and get out on our own tomorrow to celebrate a bit. But, on Monday I was pleasantly surprised with a delivery of flowers. I haven't gotten flowers like that since our 1st anniversary. He's brought them home a few times from the grocery store. But, a delivery is so extra-special. Anyway, I'm surprised and pleased to have made it 8-years. Even when things have been rough I've always felt like eternity is still within our reach.



1 comment:

Susan said...

Adorable!!! Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! That's why we love watching your kids for you!