Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter

Drat! I put all these pictures on to update my blog over a week ago and here I am (April 20) just getting it finished. Here is one of the projects I worked on, now that I have so much more "free" time - no internet and tv, remember. I removed the stained white curtains in my kitchen and put up these. I sewed them myself with fabric I bought on ebay forever ago! It's brought a lot of color and pop to my kitchen. I also added some color with some new bowls I got through my AtHome America party. Just have to say that I got almost $300 of free product! Hooray!

We did doughnuts one Saturday morning because Kannon didn't get to do the "doughnuts for dad" thing at the elementary school. Joshua wanted some too!
Easter! We did our egg decorating earlier in the week - maybe Thursday evening. On Saturday we enjoyed being together as a family. Kannon and I took turns going to General Conference. When Kannon was gone that afternoon, I hid the plastic eggs for the kids - more than once! They loved looking for them.





We went out to my parents house and had our Easter dinner with them and my sister, Susan, hubby Stephen, and their niece, Serenity. We hid the eggs again that night for my kids, for me and Grammy, for the kids and Serenity. Good time, good times.

This little guy keeps getting more teeth! He's now 9 months old and has 8 teeth. He could walk if he'd get over his fear. He holds my finger to walk now - that's it, just a finger. He drops as soon as I let go, even though he could stand up. He's a chicken, and that's okay with me. After all, he is still a baby! He's so good these days. Loves just playing around the house. Adores his brother and Daddy. Sarah's just okay right now. I think she still picks on him too much. He's sleeping better. Sometimes I can just give him his milk and leave him to go back to sleep. He's done nursing. I'm glad he's doing okay with the formula, I was worried because he just wouldn't drink from a bottle for forever. But, anyway he's healthy and happy and I love him. I love my family. I think I've come a long way in the last year to be able to say that. I've had a lot of ups and downs emotionally. Probably some depression. I think staying busy helps me.


2 comments:

the crew said...

wow! i can't believe how many teeth your little man has! my little guy doesn't have a single one!

looks like you are all doing well! we miss you guys!

C. Sorensen said...

Liz, I LOVE your curtains! Very colorful and fun. I can't believe he has that many teeth either! Analiese has two! She just turned one a week ago. She's still nursing, so I'm grateful she doesn't have more! I need to finish weaning her.