Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sacramento

We took a few days trip down to Sacramento to visit my sister and the boys, Tyler and Colby. Ben was on spring break and we haven't been to visit them in a few years - ack! We left Kannon at home so he could work and spent a total of 2 days and 2 nights with them. We went to the park for a picnic after Tyler's preschool. The kids really like the scooters.
We also spent some time making an obstacle course that they did over and over again.
We went to the Sacramento Temple and walked the temple grounds a few times. (Until these HUGE flying bugs started landing in my hair and the kids got out of my control!) The baby was teething - again - and had a fever. He wasn't so happy.
I loved how this bush matched Sarah's shirt perfectly -one of my new favorite pictures.





We also went to the Sacramento Zoo. I think the kids really enjoyed it. We hadn't been since just before Sarah was born, but you'd think I'd remember that it wasn't that fun. They didn't have as many animals as I think of when I think "zoo." No elephants, bears, tigers. The few larger animals were sleeping - the lion, leopard. We saw some monkeys, giraffes - they have tons of birds. And Sarah is still talking about the snakes.









They did have a fun children's play place that we stopped at toward the end. Nancy and I were really ready to be done, I think.

We really had a good time, a busy time. I'm so glad I live close enough to have been able to visit them. The kids loved being with Tyler and Colby - we don't get to see them as often as I'd like. It's different than it was for us as kids, living so close to our cousins.
Anyway, it was good as you can tell from this closing video. Happy times, happy memories!



No comments: