Sunday, March 15, 2009

What do you want to be?

This picture is from last St. Patrick's Day. I just love their happy faces!

On our way home from my parents last night, Ben asked Sarah what she wanted to be when she grew up. She answered, "a mailman." He said he wanted to be a worker like Dad, because that's the best job and you bring home money to buy a house. Then he asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I told him I was already grown up and I was a mom, just like I wanted to be. Sarah, so innocently, asked me, "do you want to be a clown?" We all laughed!


Why can't they always be so fun and sweet? Why does my son have to whine ALL the time? and why does my Sarah have to be so full of attitude - hands on hips included? I feel better now than I did last night. I was ready to give them both away, AGAIN!

1 comment:

The Youngs said...

I think it's one of those things where you have to experience both good & bad to appreciate the good. If our kids were always perfectly happy & fun to be around, I'm not sure we'd appreciate and enjoy them as much. When they're having a hard time, it really makes those good, happy times all the more fun!