Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kiddie fun!

For my turn at ABC School in March we were doing the letter 'P' - I decided to have a 'P' party! The kids got to wear their pajamas. Sarah and I almost forgot. We were all dressed for the day and remembered a few minutes before. I was glad to hear how excited the boys were about the day and how they'd looked forward to it. I hope it measured up!

We played hot potato and musical pillows. We had a p-word treasured hunt following clues like, pillow, picnic, pickle and pear. For snacks we had pretzels, popcorn, peanuts, pineapple and punch. We made a paper plate pizza for our p-page.

We colored princess and pirate masks and received a present of playdough, punch-balloons, and pop rocks. I had a good time, too!
Our other 'P' day was right after President's day so we did some fun activities with pennies and made popsicle stick puzzles. The kids got to have a new name for the day and they really had a good time coming up with them. We had Pepper, Patrick, Peach, and Panda. We also read, "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" and had pancakes for snack.
I'm in charge of the letter T and number 6 in a few weeks and haven't figured out what to do yet! Any ideas?


Benjamin and I remembered about the school's twin day the night before. Again. He called a few friends and was excited to be able to be twins with his friend Kale. They dressed as Salt and Pepper. It was an easy last minute shirt to make and then Kale got to come over and play for a bit after school.

Ben's been trying new things with his hair. He wants "cool" hair. I don't know how to cut cool hair. The night before school pictures (the spring ones) I remembered I'd wanted to take him to a salon and get his hair cut. But, by then it was too late. I cut it like I normally do. But, do you have any "cool" hairstyles for boys?

No comments: