Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Funeral weekend

The 2 Johnny's - Nancy and baby Colby

Rock Band -


I'm having a really hard time getting pictures on for this entry. Last week I took my SD card in to have the latest pictures developed. The next day, when I wanted to take a picture, I couldn't find it. I looked everywhere, but I'm pretty sure it got thrown away at Walmart - it was in an envelope - and I'm sure no one bothered to look inside. So, I tried taking pictures of the pictures, they were pretty blurry. I tried scanning them, but our scanner is crappy. I tried turning the pictures so they wouldn't be crooked, but that process didn't really work out. So, "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit!"
So, August 30, Saturday, was Grandma Young's funeral. I still wasn't very sad - I've just felt so glad that she can be freed from her physical pain and be reunited with her other family members. It was a very nice funeral, love the music and the stories, some I had never heard before. I also enjoyed visiting with my cousins. We had all but 3 of us there. There was a nice dinner afterward and we got to meet and grandma's house after that. I'm excited to have a few more things of Grandma's that I can enjoy and remember her. I love her everyday silverware, always have and now we can use it everyday!
We spent a lot of time at my mom and dad's house over that weekend. We played a lot of games - mostly Rock Band on the wii. I really enjoyed the drums the most. We went to my parents ward on that sunday so we could spend more time with everyone. We ALL got good naps that afternoon.

No comments: