Monday, September 29, 2008

Great Benisms


This one was great! I had helped Sarah get her clothes off so she could go take a shower with her Dad. Ben came in the room (kitchen) and said, "What happened to Sarah?" Now, I was a little confused for a second, he knew where she was. But, I turned around and started laughing. He was looking at this. . . . . . . .
. . . . . Sarah's pile of dirty clothes. It just was so funny that he would have even thought to turn that into a joke!
You know your kids watch too much tv when this is their conversation.


Ben: that's Spanish (little Einsteins song in spanish).


Me: uh, huh.


Ben: We should learn a language. And when we do I think we should get Rosetta Stone.


Me: !!!!!

* Yesterday I took the kids with me to the grocery store at 12:20 pm. We hadn't had lunch yet, and they don't always like to go to the store - often acting out while there. I told them we had to go (I had to get basic stuff to make cinnamon rolls, we didn't even have anything to make lunch with.) and promised them Lunchables. That worked. Then I ended up having to meet my brother at the storage shed. It was almost 2:00 when we headed home, and Sarah fell asleep. (We only had to drive about 5 minutes!) I told Ben that I had really goofed, by not getting us to the store sooner. Now Sarah was asleep and hadn't even eaten lunch yet. He said, "That's okay. We still love you." Aren't our kids great!? Why do we need them to console us almost as much as they need us?

No comments: