Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A New School

We started school on August 15th. Very exciting and very nervous. Our first day at a new school. We worked so hard to get into the Charter School and we (okay, I) was anxious about how it would all work out. I really wanted to spend the day there with them. So, now it's been a month and things are going well.



Ben is a 3rd grader. He is in a class of 15 boys, 5 girls. His teacher quit 2 days before school started. The class started with a semi-substitute, but they got a new teacher hired very quickly, Mrs. Koontz. Ben's been in trouble a few times already. He's going to have to learn that there's a law to follow. Apparently the whole group of boys is like this. They are all smart and mischievous. I realized at one point, that he was not really doing his math homework. It was requiring him to think more than he normally does and, therefore, it was too hard.


Blueberry pancakes with a "3" for 3rd grade.

Sarah has loved every day of school. No complaints and she comes home smiling every day. She loves the poems she is learning about colors. I help out on lunch duty every Monday. She's excited to see me, but then she is off with her friends. She has an incredible teacher and I'm really excited that she's a kindergartner.
Curlers and the letter "K"!
The traditional first day of school children's picture. Check out those uniforms. I do miss them being able to pick out their own clothes, but these make it quick and easy to get dressed each morning. And they look so nice, too.

Those curls calmed down by the end of the day!

Standing in the Kindergarten line. With the kids all in their uniforms, it's hard to tell them apart. When I'm at lunch duty, all the little blond girls or 8-year-old boys look like my kids!

Benjamin walking in on the first day of school. He didn't even

notice that I was standing right there!

Or that I followed him in to take a picture of him at his desk!


Joshua and I enjoy the routine of our days. We do drop off in the morning - we take Serenity (an almost cousin, the kids share Aunt Susan and Uncle Stephen) to school and they bring Sarah home from school. After drop-off, Josh and I head to the gym. When we get home he watches Cars -everyday- and I take a shower. He then plays while I work, then it's lunch and nap time. I get to spend some quiet time with Sarah when she gets home at 2. Then Josh wakes up and Kannon and Ben both get home around 4. I've had to spend a lot of time getting things organized and scheduled so that our lives run smoothly without too much stress. I'm almost there!

No comments: