Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Last Days!

That got your attention, didn't it! I just meant our last few days -what we've been up to. Kannon had friday off for Halloween. Just kidding - it was Nevada Day. He had a whole list of things he wanted to do. I showered, voted, and sat at Les Schwab for 1 1/2 hours while they rotated our tires. I also managed to rake the few leaves in our yard into a pile for the kids to play in. They didn't enjoy them as much as I thought they would. But it lasted for a few minutes.






We went to Winnemucca that afternoon. We did the trunk-or-treat with the cousins and spent the night with them. The kids had a hard time going to sleep, but we enjoyed playing Hokie-5 (kind of like Nertz, for those of you we used to play with!). On Saturday, Kannon and our brother-in-law went about 35 miles away to cut down wood for the winter. We'd borrowed my cousins dump trailer and they got a full load. I spent the day visiting and fussing over the kids. I had a harder time dealing with 6 children in one place. Lots of fighting, tattling, getting hurt, crying, hitting, etc. We also went to Kate's last soccer game and it started to rain just as we were leaving. We were really blessed, the guys got home just as the rain started, too. It rained on us all the way home - this was our view. I'm so grateful for the rain. We need it so bad this year.

No comments: