Saturday, October 4, 2008

Good People


So, I'm happy to report that there are still good people in our world. Today Ben played soccer. We had one mother pick up a quick snack since the original snack mom didn't show up. The kids were brought hamburgers, fries, and water from McDonalds. I always feel bad for Sarah, she wants some too. So, I told her I would get her her own snack. I planned on grabbing her some McNuggets. Now, I don't like McDonalds. I'm sure that was inherited from my parents opinion of the place. But, Kannon and I've tried it, too, a couple of times and we just aren't happy with their food. Anyway, I knew they were cheap and then she could have the same bag as Ben so we could go home with no arguing. Well, Ben decided he didn't like a hamburger and fries, so I had him give it to Sarah and told him I'd get the nuggets for him. When we got to the drive-thru, they asked us to wait. We waited and waited. While waiting Ben saw the pictures of the toys for the kids meals - a Batman toy and a Wizard of Oz doll. Cool! I was really tempted to just buy them kids meals, but remembered I'm trying not to spend extra money. So, when they were finally able to take our order I stuck to what I'd planned. When we got to the window to pay, the cashier asked me if I had 2 boys. I told her, no, a boy and a girl. As she gave me my change she also handed me one each of the kids meal toys. I looked at her questioningly and she said, "shh, I could hear him" and pointed to her head set. She had heard him talking to me about the toys and was feeling generous. We said many thank-yous and the kids were so excited to have the toys. They surrounded me the minute we came in the house, waiting for me to open their toys. So, even though I still don't like their food - Thanks, McDonalds, for making my kids' day!

1 comment:

The Ruff Family said...

Tag your it. Check out my blog to see the rules..