Thursday, October 9, 2008

I have a sister in California who blogged about this (see Nancy's latest post) and when I watched this video in an email I recently received, I felt like I couldn't not do something. I know I'm not voting in California, but hopefully this message can make its way to some who are. Also, this is where I stand. I feel it's so important to speak up for what we believe. I believe that "marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God" and that "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal and eternal identity and purpose." Those quotes are from The Proclamation to the World - the Family (sorry, I'm not good at adding these links) http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e1fa5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=5fd30f9856c20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
I also believe that we shouldn't have the right to teach our children taken from us in such a subtle way. Please stand up for this issue, this proposition, and if you're in California, please learn all you can about Proposition 8 so that you can make an educated vote!
Watch this 7 minute video - you'll be touched. http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1352578267/bctid1819819843

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I appreciate you putting this out there. You never know who it will affect or who else will pass it on. Good work doing your part!